We have another great week of music for you! Wednesday (12 June), we will be at Taft Middle School on E Avenue NW. We’ve not been able to play there for a while due to the geothermal system installation, so we’re looking forward to being in that part of town again.
Sunday, 16 June, we’ll be at Bever Park. If you’re not regularly in that area, please be aware that parts of Blake Boulevard and Bever Avenue are closed due to construction. Bever has a relatively well-marked detour, but Blake does not. (Blake is closed between Forest Drive and Grande Avenue, but otherwise open.) Please check a map as necessary.
This week, our program is dedicated to the fathers in the crowd and in the band. Our selections are:
- Star Spangled Banner, sung by Erin Coker, Kennedy High School
- Eternal Father, Strong to Save (Claude T. Smith)
- U.S. Field Artillery March (John Philip Sousa)
- Andrew Lloyd Webber: A Symphonic Portrait (arr. Jerry Nowak)
- Your Father’s Mustache (Wes Tompkins)
- The Sea Shells Waltz (Frederick Neil Innes, edited by Chris Buckholz) Featuring Chris Buckholz, trombone (http://chrisbuckholz.com/)
- Louis Armstrong Revival Selection (arr. Willy Hautvast)
- Alligator Alley (Michael Daugherty)
- His Honor (Henry Fillmore)
- Cedar Rapids Song of Dedication, sung by Erin Coker, Kennedy High School
See you there! And remember…if in doubt concerning the weather, call the hotline at 261-2762 (261-CRMB).