This week, we’re featuring instruments that don’t often get the spotlight. What’s more, our featured soloists are all members of the Municipal Band!
But if you want to hear them, make sure you go to the right place: BEVER PARK on Wednesday at the usual time, and Sunday at Ellis. The original Wednesday venue was cancelled late last week due to construction schedules. But Bever is only a mile away from it, so if you planned to attend because it was in your area, you still can.
What’s more, Bever has plenty of shade, making it ideal on a hot summer night.
We have a great lineup this week:
- Star Spangled Banner with guest vocalist Lincoln Ginsberg from Washington High School
- The Corcoran Cadets March (Sousa)
- Morceau de Concert (Saint-Saens), featuring Andy Harris on French horn
- Gershwin! (arr. Barker), conducted by CRMB sound technician Alex Shields
- The Old Sore-Head or “Der alte Brummbar” (Fucik), featuring Greg Morton on bassoon
- Alamo (King)
- Sandpaper Ballet (Anderson), featuring our percussion section: Alan Lawrence, Tom Mackey, Doug Krejci, Luke Swearingen, and Nathan Benya
- Glenn Miller In Concert (arr. Scott)
- Blue Bells of Scotland (Pryor), featuring William Carson on bass clarinet
- Rolling Thunder (Fillmore)
- Song of Dedication with guest vocalist Lincoln Ginsberg
Bring a chair and a beverage and enjoy!