We’re in our final week of the 2013 season, and we have some great music to see everyone off.
Wednesday, we’re near the lagoon at Noelridge Park. Please note that some early copies of the schedule stated Bowman Woods, but that’s not available due to construction. This late in the year, it’s much cooler in the evening, so if you’ve been avoiding Noelridge due to heat…this is your chance!
Sunday night, we’ll bid the summer farewell at Ellis, one of our most popular venues. Come on out, relax, and enjoy the great view of the river. Downbeat for both Wednesday and Sunday is 7:30 PM.
Saturday night, the band will be in West Branch for HooverFest. We’ll be playing the music for the fireworks LIVE…and hey, where else can you see a great fireworks show this late in the summer? Saturday’s concert starts at 8:30, but there is plenty to see and do, with many activities for people of all ages.
The lineup for the parks concerts is:
- Star Spangled Banner, sung by local high school student Mary Mathis
- The William Tell Overture
- Grand Russian Fantasia, with special guest MSgt Susan Rider of The President’s Own Marine Band on trumpet
- The Slavic Woman’s Farewell
- Playing It Forward
- The Typewriter, with guest Carissa Stout on…the typewriter!
- West Side Story Selection
- Danny Boy, with MSgt Susan Rider
- Library of Congress (Sousa’s final march)
- Song of Dedication, with Mary Mathis
Come join us as we finish the 2013 season!